Home Decorating with Handmade Originals

Luxury, handmade, decorative pillows and throws with designer, fabrics for home decorating. Eco chic, modern, retro, traditional, geek, novelty, silk, velvet, you name it, I've got it.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Pillows with Attitude... More Luxe and Found


I can't help but giggle every time I peek at this cheeky red pillow. Before it morphed into a pillow, this upcycled skirt traveled to many business meetings, chased airplanes and was my secret weapon for closing deals. It was my million dollar power skirt!

Whenever my 3 year old grandson sees it, he hugs it, rubs his cheek on it and says, "It feels so yummy, Gramma". My daughter keeps hinting how COOL it would look in her living room except my 12 year old grand daughter says how HOT it would look on her bed. My husband just looks at it, shakes his head and says..." I think it was cool when it was a skirt 'cause it made you look so hot". Too funny!

This pillow was a labour of love but well worth it because it is a piece art with a really interesting story that gets even better! There is a zipper in the back that has a secret compartment between the leather and lining that you can stash jewels, bonds, illicit love letters... all kinds of stuff. Nancy Drew would snap this up in a minute. LOL

The leather is in almost new condition. It was carefully dismantled, sanitized, conditioned and then fully lined. It was professionally sewn on my industrial walking foot machine so you can be rest assured everything is well secured and will last for years to come. If you like it, buy it now, because there will NEVER be another like it! .... ps. ask me about the eco fill luxury fiber fill.

Shhhh... Here's the secret hidey hole for all your loot!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! And I love a great story!! What a fab idea - a secret hiding spot - my son would go nuts over this - and I like it too! :) You did an awesome job on your blog - and FAST...much faster than I got mine set up, that's for sure. Congrats on a job well done! I'm signing up to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! What a great story behind your pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to designer Decorative Pillows. I love to highlight these few designs that I saw, just log on to spacify.com

    ReplyDelete