Home Decorating with Handmade Originals

Luxury, handmade, decorative pillows and throws with designer, fabrics for home decorating. Eco chic, modern, retro, traditional, geek, novelty, silk, velvet, you name it, I've got it.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eco Geek Pillows


Resemble anyone you know? Geeks have risen to a new social level and this one is a 10!

My husband always gets worried when I'm on a snoop around the house and when I appeared with a handful of tv and stereo cables he immediately checked all the tvs. Our house like every other household has a box or a drawer of cables and plugs that get stuffed in there every time some new electronic something is brought home.

I've started a whole line of geek pillows. "Dreadlock Geek" and "Curly Geek" have been the favourites so far. I had them all out on display on our sofa on the Easter weekend and there were two attempted kidnappings.

I've made them with huge eco attitude! I've upcycled telephone cables and cords for hair, video cable for eyeglass rims, all fabrics for the glasses and the pillow panels are all remnants.

For the guy that has everything these will make great Father's Day gifts for dad or hubby. I'm designing a line of female geeks so stand by. These are great conversation pieces, eco friendly and they're ORIGINALs as all of the pillows in my LUXE AND FOUND Collection. Check them out at my Etsy store or my new Canadian store at icraft.ca/pillowthrowdecor

2 comments: